Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1972–2008

Today I turned 36.

I have learned a lot in my time on the planet.

I've done some good...

I've done some bad...

I've made great friends, and lost great friends along the way...

I've been married, and am now getting divorced—something I never "planned for" or envisioned in my early days of visualizing what my life would include...

I've become a father to a wonderful being. I learned that I made mistakes when he was really  young, things I will never overlook again...the future and all my love is his...

I went to school, learned some things...

I 've worked at really cool jobs, places that shaped me more than I can imagine...

I've learned hard lessons-family doesn't mean friendship, true love is a not easily found or kept without real work from both sides, jobs will come and go, bones will break...bonds will break...

I'm learning daily...that life will go on.


I have a lot more to learn, to do, to give, to feel, to experience...for this I am greatful.

I hope that in the next 36 years I can grow even more. Forgive even more. Love even more.

My 73 year old Dad is my inspiration.

My 6 year old son is my dedication.

I will provide the motivation.



No comments: