Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jake and the gnome home


Jake and my gnome home
Originally uploaded by babageik



Sunday's are finding Jake and I at Alston a lot lately...he's really digging taking his Kona out for some mountain bike riding-which I am happy to join!

I have to say, it's pretty incredible watching him grow and ride stronger and faster with each passing adventure...the pure joy and sense of adventure I see in him at age six, is the same feeling I have at age 36 when I am out there...

Needless to say, each ride includes a trip to the Gnome Home rock pile where we set about constructing something new for our gnome-friends... this trip I found myself going skyscraper-style while Jake focused on building a low to the ground, well fortified unit...

Afterward, I saw Jake's eyes bigger than I have ever seen as he got a bit too much speed coming down a little single track...I had to suppress all of my Prosser–tendencies to scream "easy", "Slow down", "be careful" and just let the situation unfold... successfully! Jake rocked the funky turn, didn't crash and tasted a bit more of the adrenaline and excitement that comes with exploring your limits...

I couldn't (and still can't) help but smile.

No comments: