Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Dope man, Dope man...

...hey man give me a hit-
Ice Cube, "Dope Man"






Damn! I never wanted to use an NWA song to describe the fiasco that is the pre-amble to this year's TDF. I was shocked to hear that so many players, including two that I have liked so much, Ulrich and Basso, booted from the race due to their connections to Fuentes and the whole doping affair. You know, my friends and I always speculate on who is and isn't doping, and yes that includes Mr. Armstrong, but it sure sucks when you really see how deep it is (again that includes Mr. Armstrong).

Consolation? Is there any really?

I guess I could say even if Lance was doping he was racing against a similarly juiced field and therefore was equal competition.
Another view is now we will see a more pure (yeah right) race...
And yet another (the one I am holding onto right now) is that my new favorite cyclist, Floyd Landis, could grab a win. Hell I would be happy if Levi or Georgie won too...

So for now I'll slap the ol' iPod headphones on, dial in the old NWA and the Posse album and turn up Dope Man to 11 and watch the tour...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Dopers suck!

Did you get back from your car adventure? I'll be in Sonoma for US MTB Nattys this week.