Sunday, July 29, 2007

Update 7/29

Quick one as I am typing one handed and drugged up...

Surgery went really well on Friday-just as I hoped, I went to sleep and woke up.

With a 4" cut full of stitches on my right shoulder and a sweet SS screw holding my clavicle down for the next 6 weeks...doc was able to save one of the ligaments, relocated another and removed the fractured end of my clavicle...thanks Dr. Diana--you made it easy ( I was pretty nervous about my first surgery all week).

A BIGGER thanks goes to Cari and Jake and my family. Everyone has been more than helpful and I am eternally grateful for all they have done. I have learned a lot and will definitely do the same for any of them.

Thanks for all the emails from my friends too--it's nice to hear from you guys!

I'm on heavy meds this week and resting-with a goal to return to work (in sling) next week. I would be lying if I said 8+ weeks off the bike is going to be easy...

Here's a couple of pics for you Kirby!


Backyard shot pre-surgery


Our living room looks like a murder scene my first day home (Jake was wiped out and I was drugged up)...

I made the cut!


Cari snaps me Sunday night...

4 comments:

Steve said...

Heal up well Ken! If you need any help let me know and I'll come down. Go figure that the Tour would end so now you'll have to watch Soap Operas on the tele.

The Fun Park said...

Looking good Prosser! I'm glade your surgery went good and no complications. I tried calling you the other night but Cari said you were on some serious drugs. I had a good time talking to Cari. If I can do anything for you let me know.

Have you heard of a band called Wolfmother?

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve told me about your crash. Hope you heal quickly and remain comfortably numb while your wing is healing. Sepaking of pain pills, Steven Colbert has a recurrent theme about them on his Report and it may make you laugh if you have not already seen it. I watch it online. Despite your injuries you and the family look happy...I'm stoked for y'all.

Hey it looks like Joe and I will both graduate from Chico next May. We are looking forward to going back to work and being done with school.

FooteFoote said...

First surgery, . . . Really? What about when you had to tape panty liners to you chest to absorb some sort of discharge and such?

This is Justin from SLO (now Portland) and I'm glad I found you, girl. Get at me: jsbradbury@gmail. (I will now blame all future spam on Babageik and its members). Love ya.