Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend



2 different shoes pretty much sums up our ride...guess I need to pay more attention to what I grab! At least they were two different feet!


Becerra is back!


Start at 7:00-ish. End at 9:30ish...total distance—5 or so miles. Still had fun!


One of Johnoss Lambrettas...


"See that hill Prosser? I dropped you back there..." 
Johnoss schoolin' me on East Bay mtn biking and such. Lake Chabot in foreground.


Pretty interesting weekend. Sum it up quick-like;

Friday got Rich Becerra back on trails after like 7 years with a very interesting day/night ride in Angwin. 

How should I put it? Not everyone had lights, there was new folks (to biking) in our group, the usual maladay's occurred. It was a short, ride, a long time out there (mechanicals and such) and something I look forward to doing on Fridays now...

Saturday was Pizza ride in AM, got rained on a little. Next up I messed (again) with my Intense Spider's pivot bolt and despite breaking it before (while using a torque wrench to proper setting), I freakin' couldn't leave well-enough alone and proceeded to break it again — the day before a race/ride in Marin! Thankfully my "local" Intense dealer (CVC-Johnoss) is only a short 120 mile round trip away. Headed to east bay, got part and had Johnoss drag my sorry ass around Lake Chabot and up a lot of hills (on a new FSR none-the-less...those bikes ARE fast). Good times in the East Bay, I miss my Johnoss time, to bad Grady wasn't around too.

Sunday was Tamarancho Mtn Bike Race. Suckered Rich Becerra into his first race in 7 years. Met Otto out there. Rough climb (for Rich especially) to race start-essentially a 2-3 mile road ride/hill climb to start/registration. Did sport class, felt pretty good out there. Was too lackidasical on start, let most of my class go ahead on launch. Too bad it ended up a long single track climb! Stuck behind people slower than me (amazing but true). Able to pass about 5 folks and motor along pretty well. Finished 2 laps in 1:03. Mark Weir finished 3 laps in less time. I am no pro. Had fun. Beat Otto by 30 minutes (he had 2 flats) and Rich by 1 hour. It was a fun time!

Sunday evening was BBQ at Michael and Christina's house. Good eats and friends. Rode over on bikes with Curtis and Mitzi. Got to watch Curtis and Andrew install new SRAM RED bits on Michaels' bike--isn't that what BBQ's are for?

Monday was time with Jake (finally). We hung out after a good egg and bacon b-fast. Built some legos, read some books and messed around in yard. Jake's been schooled abit morethan I expected by Cari on what is going down, hard for me to really accept-but he seems to be taking it relatively well. He and I saddled up on the Kestrel and Tag-a-long to ride to Pap and Yaya's house for BBQ. Rocked the whole new bike path in Napa, pretty cool to ride without worrying about cars--look forward to it being all over town. Nice to hang at parent's house and see other family members, although it was a bit uncomfortable with Cari there and all. Gotta get more used to the situation, something that is not coming easy to me —especially given all that is going on and her relationship. Anyway, in time I guess...

Back on bike with Jake and onto more work on Stonebridge yearbook until 1AM...

What can I say? Stay busy. Try not to focus on bad/negative (I am about 65% successful right now in this endeavour). Give Jake all the loving and attention I can. Ride my brains out. Repeat.

Not too many pics, camera was here and there.

No comments: