Sunday, October 05, 2008

BMX and Cross


This weekend was a big time affair-Jake had his BMX party with his buds on Sunday and I raced my first  cross race in like 7 years (second ever) on Saturday.

Good times were had by all!

Cross is wicked rough for me. Sunday morning found my legs and butt feeling like toast. Funny how adding a little running to your bike ride can hurt so much. I accomplished my goal of finishing and not in last place...

Sunday was the big day-Jake's B-Day at the BMX track. 

He was totally stoked to get going on it. Called me on Saturday to say he wanted to do a big ride on Sunday! 

It was incredibly cool to see him and his buds have such an incredible time at the track. No major accidents, some surprising air was caught by some and everyone had a great time. 

His mom pulled the whole affair together and it was flawless. His biggest smile came when they handed him a trophy for the event. He didn't stop talking about it all night long, and it sits next to him in bed as I type...

I love my boy!

Tons of pics on Flickr...

1 comment:

The Fun Park said...

Great photos! Looks like a ton of fun.