Monday, October 13, 2008

SS and Blue Angels

Saturday was cool and crisp outside---also incredibly windy--perfect chance to hit Annadel and do a little SS'ing. Picked up Dave Pruitt (who hadn't been there in 10 years) and we headed over. Incredible ride. Met up with a SSWC helper named Chris and the three of us put in about 20 miles of prime singletrack adventure.

Felt totally woozy on descent down Lawndale, guess my bowl of oatmeal wasn't enough. Gourmet Taco Shop in Sonoma cured that.

Sunday was a long day in SF with Jake and my parents. Weird getting back on the ferry boat after a year away. For someplace that I spent almost every day for 4 years, I was a bit nostalgic. Another perfect day in SF, totally clear, warm and fun. Dragged my mom through Embarcadero and Old Levi's area in attempt to see skyscrapers. Made it to Pier 39 to have an over-priced lunch at a restaurant overlooking bay and then off to see seals (Jake was completely enamored with them). Blue Angels took second place to seals and hunt for a restroom Jake would actually use. We luckily made it on boat (last people on) and headed back to Napa-Dude.

It's nice to actually spend time with my mom and dad, and always a pleasure (one I long for more and more) to be with my son.

Pics to Flickr sooner or later (most were shot by Jake)...

No comments: