Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thanks

A little bit of thanks-some specific, some general...

A big thank you goes out to Steve Tam...I needed new STI shifters for the CX bike after my 13 year old Shimano 600 front took a dive. In exchange for some design work, my bike was saved from low-end bits by your sweet Dura Ace STI's. Shimano is the only way for me and I totally dig doing you a design solid for gear!

Now for a general thanks to Craigslist. I was tripping on how much I have bought and sold on CL--what an incredibly useful site. I know Andrew and I are battling it out on there daily it seems to see who can find the best deal on whatever, but damn, how nice is it to be able to offload your old stuff, or pick up something you need.

CL has helped me land a 4 year long job at a company I wish I still worked for (if only you were closer)...I've sold tons of bikes and bike parts, digital cameras, lawn-mowers, baby beds and more.

Just yesterday, I purchased a sweet leather couch in excellent condition to replace my former couch that went with my ex-wife. I love the fact that all of this can go on, kinda a "stuff" recycling. I am a firm believer in why buy new when you can recycle something that is perfectly good.

Anyway, that's my cheesy CL thanks and my heartfelt friend thanks.

1 comment:

Steve said...

No problemo! Thanks for the sweet design work!