Monday, November 27, 2006

Gooble, Gooble

Turkey day has come and gone in the Prosser-Roughley household and better way to spend 4 work free days could not have been found. It's nice to be off work and at home with your family and growing 4 year old son (who ends pretty much every thing with "Of course...").

It was also a great way to get some long over-due riding in so we jumped at the chance. Thursday found us saddling up at Alston -Cari, Jake, Uncle David and I were trying to make a new tradition of riding on T-day. I was a little bummed that we missed out on the Fairfax ride with Curtis and 300 other MTB'rs, but the family thing was really awesome. Cari got to see first hand how fast Jake and I (I mean Luke and Han Solo) can go around Alston. Pretty sure it was a bit of a nail biter for her at first, but she warmed up. Cari also spent part of the ride trying to ride in SS gearing in anticipation of her new ride. I recommended something around 32X18, 19 or 20, believe she settled into 32x18 and was able to do most of it. Awesome! More practice and we will be off and riding elsewhere when her Surly is built up.

Friday was a slower day, I headed out into the freezing cold on my road bike and did a little Carneros action, just to keep the turkey flowing right.

Saturday I teamed up with a former Sunrace guy-Tony and headed to Annadel in Santa Rosa. I did not know what to expect as the last time I rode there was like 12 years ago, and I assumed it was a fire road climb, a technical descent and basically pretty short. Boy was I wrong! Tony is a strong rider and we set out to basically just cruise along to some trails he know. I kept seeing so many places I have ridden in this park. Parts of it reminded me of Recliner up in whiskeytown, while others reminded me of Tsali and Pisgah in NC (thanks Kirby). Overall, it was some of the sweetest, fastest singletrack I have had the honor of rolling over and I WILL be heading back quite often.

Jake looking sweet all cleaned up and dapper...


Jake and the Thanksgiving Uke-After I said it was Hawaiian, Jake went around telling everyone HE was Hawaiian!

Come on little buddy-you gotta help Daddy pedal on the hills!

The "Big" hill in the back of Alston where Han and Luke really let 'er rip!

Cari catches us in the act of speeding!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Nice! Those pics are cool of Luke and Hans Solo.

The Fun Park said...

Jake is going to be flying on a bike in no time. Get your check book ready for....but Dad you have one!