Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Old(er)

So last Sunday I officially turned 34 years old. Of course it was a perfect day to get out on my road bike, alone, and just celebrate my existence-so that's what I did.

In commemoration of the sacred day, I took the previous Friday off and goaded my brother and my wife to get on their mountain bikes and join me for a few hours in Angwin. I wanted to spend the time riding amoungst the trees with my friends and this was the best way to do it. Thankfully they agreed (I would have gone alone) and off we went.

Angwin is sweet riding all around, nice swoopy singletrack, sweet whoop-d-doos, and now-extreme Northshore action. Way over my head, but fun to look at and climb on. I'd have to say a highlight was getting Cari's MIchigan-flat land style caught up to Cail-Style and doing a rather steep little drop. It was about 15-20' high and I'd say maybe 65-70 degrees, not too technical, but scary enough. We coerced her to do it and she did! Repeatedly! Now if I could just get her to leave her rear shock in the open (not locked out) state for rides, we'll be onto something.

Much fun was had by all, even with me somehow snapping the pivot bolt on my Intense (which contrary to Intense's website, are definitely NOT available at your local hardware store). Thanks to Johnoss at CVC for supplying me with a new one the next day.

Yeah right, eh! Too North shore for me.


Here's a scale shot of the one BC style thing.


Hella hardcore Norcal™ stylee-C.Roughley in action.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Nice! Looks like you had a great ride! Happy Belated Birthday too!