Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BMX Track

Last Sunday we headed over to the BMX track. As a dad I am at odds with myself-both wanting to see Jake rip it around course, while at the same time biting my fingers as he goes "too fast". Well he rocked it out there! Totally at ease over bumps and on berms, it was incredible. After 3 laps and a dad mandated rest, he was off again. This time disaster struck... and not in the course itself. Jake was crossing through some weeds and dirt clods and took a digger-right on his face. Poor little guy had a drop of blood in his nose, a drop on his tongue and a slightly scraped chin. I held him and made sure all teeth were intact and he was OK. After a few precious minutes he started to come around. We still rested and then he wanted to go again. I strongly cautioned to go easy, but then he was off! His little cranks are so close to the ground, he sometimes hits the top of jumps. A few times getting tossed to the side. One of which was kinda painful, brought out a few tears and then he said "I'm OK" and was off again. We ended before folks got too tired (me included) and on the way home stopped for an ice cream at Foster Freeze.

Riding is fun. Riding with your son is better than anything on earth.

here's a really choppy video (taken with my Canon Elf) to try and show you how much he rocked...(sorry about side-ways, freakin' Blogger won't properly upload my rotated movie).



1 comment:

Steve said...

Rad!