Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Retrotec SS Progress

About 7 months of waiting in line and scraping $ together have finally come together...the SS is tacked up


Last weekend I was able to help cut and bend tubes for my future Retrotec SS. Really cool as well as nerve-wracking!

Just sold off a bunch of parts from my old SS (Avid SD Ultimate brakes/levers and My King non-disc SS wheels fetched mucho dinero on eBay) to finish off the $$ needed as well as pay Steevo for Pink King Disc wheels...now I just need to figure out disc brakes (leaning toward Shimano XT)...

Now I have to finalize the color scheme, which will definitely be some shade of pink (in fulfillment of a legacy that began almost 7 years ago when Chris and Matt talked me out of painting my Ventana El Fuego that color)...

Pretty cool. Now the dilemma continues-should I sell my Ventana El Toro fame?

More pics on my Flickr (also  swiped and placed on Curtis' Flickr)

2 comments:

Steve said...

So hot.....want to touch the heine.

Nothing beats a handmade bike.

The Fun Park said...

Looking good!