Monday, November 26, 2007

Appetite Seminar, Annadel Rides+ Thanks

Thanksgiving day found me in Fairfax after being coaxed there by Andrew and Curtis. Not wanting to be totally dropped and alone on the ride, I in turn coaxed my wingman Peter to join us on the annual Thanksgiving day ride around Pine Mountain and Repack.

I am so very glad I finally did the ride.

Stuffed to the gills with Clif product (Thanks Clif Bar, you guys really know how to promote and support), I pushed start on the Garmin and rolled out with the crew.

The ride was incredible, the climbs were busters, especially when you can see them from far away. The downhills were hella™ fast. I can not believe those original folks doing Repack on coaster brakes and jeans!

Overall a great social ride that I'll be doing again next year and thereafter.

Sunday, Grady headed up to do a nice and easy spin in Annadel. He was trying out his sweet Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy!-fully rigid. I was going squishy style on the Intense. The Fat Chance was sweet! 7speed XT Thumbies, Ringle Skewers, Ibis Ti stem, Ti bars, all the stuff I drooled over in the early 90's.

We took it really easy, the ride was more about catching up and advice than heart rate training and I loved it. Our trail riding went out of my usual loop and included Ridge, S. Burma, 2 Quarry and of course Lawndale descent. Annadel is an awesome park with terrain that reminds me of so many places I've been; Whiskeytown/French Gulch, Pisgah/Tsali, Downieville, Tahoe--all in one ride.

You can see all of my slowness and routes on my motionbased page, just search under "babageik".


Most Importantly—Thanks a million to Grady, David and Erin for listening to me over the past week, I am going to make a more concerted effort to share more with the people I consider friends and open up about me. It really means a lot to me that I can share my feelings both good and bad with you all, please know you can do the same...


Jake looking cool at 7:15Am in 30+ Degree weather. I can't wait to take him on rides like this!




BoFax Road portion and a sampling of the riders...




Big rest break before sweet downhill...



Appetite Seminar Panarama One: The climbs were obvious and long...




Appetite Seminar Panarama Two: Here's a WIP photoshop of a panarama I shot at the big rest stop , I'll finish sky cleaning and stitching later, but wanted to share NOW.





Grady's Fat Chance Yo Eddy! In all of it's day-glo glory



Sharp negotiates a tree superbly.



My hella™ hardcore Tamshot®





1 comment:

Steve said...

I dig the old school Yeti jersey and Fat Chance! Looks like you had a lot of fun.