Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ride, Ride, Easter, Ride

Long time between posts, so just a quick one...

A few weekends ago found Cari and I on a road ride for her birthday (and as prep for her Cinderella Classic all women metric century). Goal was to do at least the number of miles to correspond with her age, and I am happy to say we did it. Bonus pooints to Cari for doing Dry Creek over Veeder (my weekend ride) and basically taming a climb I had trouble with at least th efirst 2-3X up. Can't wait til she gets her compact cranks and the Inglis road bike!

The next weekend found me at Skyline, on my full suspension. It had been a while since I was on teh dirt and I needed the 3 hours out there to get focused. The trails were great and the views were incredible. It always amazes me what a simple bike ride can do to boost the spirit and recharge the soul...

Easter weekend I was jonesin' to get back on my SS and head out to Skyline again. I called my brother and he agreed to join me. Double bonus-Jake and Cari hiked out there and were able to cheer us on as we returned home. It's great to ride with family and see all the sights out there. Almost ran over two turkeys and caught a bunch of ornage belly newts. I also used the ride as a gauge to solidify in my mind (before the wallet) that I really need to upgrade to a new singlespeed. I have been put on hold for the Retrotec a month past my anticipated deposit while I await some incoming freelance funds. In that time I have been thinking about the build and if I'll ride it all that much. Well, Easter Saturday sealed teh deal. I have loved riding SS for almost 7 years now and am even entertaining the idea of going fully rigid (carbon fork) on the Retrotec...

Easter Sunday was spent cleaning out the garage and bringing my music collection back to availability. I have like 100gB on hard drives and discs, but my 400+ CDs where in boxes until a home was found. I am a happy guy once again now that I can see my music and even re-discover it! After the garage, Cari, Jake, Kona and I walked to Browns Valley Market and then hopped on the bikes (Jake on teh Tag a long) and headed to David and Erin's for a delicious Easter BBQ. Sure is great to live near family and in such a beautiful area!

See I am not SO fat! No gut suck...


Cari climbin' the start of Veeder...you go Grrrrrrl!


Cari topping Veeder on her birthday


Jake with his best 80's hair!


Yummy singletrack-Skyline Park


Just the way I like it-narrow, twisty and fast


BAM! My best Tam to date...hella hardcore Norcal™


Uncle David and Jake get down to business--opening easter gift eggs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pics Ken!

Can't wait to hear about the parts pic for your new bike.

gwadzilla said...

easter rides rock!

the best way to celebrate the day!

of course only after stuffing your face with Peeps and chocolate bunnies

Dadageik said...

Stevo-
Parts pick is easy, just look at my current singlespeed-they're all going over.

Might swap king SS hubs(shells only) for King SS disc hubs, but gotta see...

The Fun Park said...

Nice hella hardcore Norcal photo. Looks like you belong in the tech area at Sea Otter. Can you ride a wheelie? Looks like you had great weather for the ride. We got snow on Easter.