Friday, July 18, 2008

Peter

One more new post for tonight. 

A quick introduction to my new canine friend, Peter.

Funny thing, I wasn't looking for a dog (but then again have I ever really known what I was looking for?), much less one that looked almost like ol' Kona, but somethings work in crazy ways.

Last Tuesday I was in SF taking a class for work and afterwards I headed to Bernal Heights to visit with my good friend Grady. We got to talking and he was lamenting the fact he was gonna have to put his new rescue pup (Peter) up for adoption because he just didn't have the time to devote to Peter. We took a walk up to the top of Bernal Hill and I kept thinking  and saying how cool Peter was (is). I blurted out, "It would be cool if you could bring him to Napa. Kinda a trial for week. See how he and I do. More importantly, how he and Jake do."
Grady was way into it and the plan was hatched. So last Saturday Grady and his wife drove up with Peter and our journey began.

Peter's a funny guy-he has to be everywhere I am. He's a little guy-about 2/3 Kona's size and sports the coolest spotted tongue I have ever seen. He listens pretty well for 7 month old pup and gets along with Jake famously. He loves his chew toys (Grady cautioned me of chewing, so we're keeping an eye on anything that might get his attention) and burying bones in the yard.

He and I (and Jake too) have been having some great walks up in Westwood Hills. It's an added bonus that I have another living thing in the house when Jake isn't here.

Anyway-I am sure there will be many more adventures-it's all totally new to me as this truly is my first dog, but I am confident we'll work out just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice name, I have to admit I like it. Good looking too. I'm sure you'll have great adventures for years to come.

The Fun Park said...

Good to see you got a dog. Having a dog around will help out the "empty nest" feeling.