Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wonder

Gonna keep it going here.

Last Sunday Jake and I headed to the local park to try and fly a glider we picked up at Salvation Army.

That was fun.

What was incredible to me as a dad was watching my son be a boy.

He chased dragonflies around the entire park with an energy that had to be seen to be believed.

He's incredible.

The  spark of life Jake brings to the world, watching him grow and learn and live...it keeps my heart beating.

I never knew it could be so fun to read old science fiction books we bought at the library book sale (Tom Swift Jr. from 1952!). How invigorating it can be to try to remember and share another story from "when I was a kid". How we can work together to build some of the most amazing Lego creations I have ever seen.

It calms my restless, somewhat selfish heart.

He is everything to me.

1 comment:

The Matulich Family said...

Kenny,

I just wanted to say that I am sorry about what is going on with your situation. I hope you know that you are loved greatly, and have support behind you. Please, please, please call or email Stef or myself should you need anything. Family is the most important thing right now, and I hope you know that we love you greatly.
I love you much.
Sister