Friday, July 18, 2008

Ventana is for sale





Well, the time has come for me to let go of one of my most prized bikes-the Ventana El Toro SS.
With the divorce, the Retrotec and the simple reality that I need to keep it up with bike-in: bike-out, I humbly submit my baby to a new owner.

Here's the blurb from CL. I doubt there are buyers that look here, but what the hell--one more chance to document the bike...

I am selling my faithful Ventana El Toro SS.
I am the original owner-bike is very well maintained-no dents, crack. A few paint chips from riding, but nothing extreme.

Sale includes frame, cranks and BB.

Cranks are Truvativ Stylo SS, 180mm and will come with 32 and 34T chainrings. BB is Shimano.

Frame specs:
Seat Tube: C-C 16.5", C-T=18"
TT: Effective is 22.5"
Headtube is 1-1/8" (headset NOT included)
Seattube is 27.2
V-Brake only
Easton Elite 60 Tubeset

I purchased the bike unused from my former boss. It was custom built using lighter tubes and builds to be about a 20-21lb bike without going crazy on lightweight bits (it was 21lb with a King SS wheelset and Fox fork for me).

Very unique paint-it is a translucent yellow/green with what look like cracks in the clear coat. They are meant to be there according to boss and the only instances of paint chipping is from riding (I have included pic of worst one for reference).

Anyway-I wouldn't be selling this bike if I didn't have to, but a new one is on the way, so I must transfer this great bike to someone new.

$500 obo.



1 comment:

The Fun Park said...

If I wasen't coming out to Napa I would take it. I'll see if I can find a buyer around here for it. What size is it?